On the 20. May 2015, a conference was held titled "Improving work of local self-governments using modern technologies for spatial data management" by companies GIS soft from Brcko and MapSoft from Belgrade.
At the conference the companies GIS soft and MapSoft presented their solutions to improve work of local self-governments.
The aim of this conference was to familiarize participants with the possibilities of using modern technologies for management of spatial data in terms of their effective collection, processing and use, with the aim of improving the work of local self-governments and their public enterprises. Technologies such as: GIS, photogrammetry, location based services, Web and Internet, databases and other related information and communication technology. Companies GIS soft and MapSoft have in the past period successfully mastered the application of these technologies to improve business for a large number of their clients, and also acquired significant experience through numerous successfully completed projects. The results of the projects are also software solutions that are successfully used in local self-governments and public enterprises.
Participants of the conference were able to hear about the following topics:
- Municipal geospatial infrastructure as a basis for improvement of work of local self-government
- Development and implementation of municipal GIS on the example of Pirot
- Information system of the public utility company "GIS of green areas of the city of Belgrade
- Location based services for efficient management of fleet of vehicles
- Calculation and collection of fees for the use of construction land in the municipality of Bijeljina
- Managament of local government property and regulation of rural land through consolidation.